Alwa's Awakening NES
A downloadable game
Welcome to our beta!
This is the beta page for Alwa's Awakening NES. If you can view this page the beta is officially open and it'll run until it closes. Please click the Download button below to start your adventure!
Use your magic staff and progress through a large interconnected world where you’ll solve puzzles, fight enemies and defeat bosses in order to help free the land of Alwa. Explore and uncover the secrets by using your platforming skills in this challenging and charming 8-bit adventure game.
- A challenging adventure platform game
- Use the magic staff to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Find and unlock upgrades to your items and abilities
- Explore a large interconnected world
- Listen to a catchy soundtrack with over 25 original tracks
Alwa's Awakening NES is getting a physical release on NES in 2021 through publisher Retro-Bit. Please visit our website for more information.
How to play
- Download the beta demo by pressing the download button below
- Play the game using an NES emulator. We recommend using Mesen (PC & Linux) or OpenEmu (Mac) but most should work.
This is not the entire game but instead a demo that’s about an hour long.
How to feedback
Join our Discord to help us with feedback, if you find any bugs or glitches. Please navigate to the Alwa's Awakening NES category.
Downloading Alwa's Awakening NES gets you all of these goodies
- Alwa's Awakening NES ROM
- Instruction Booklet as PDF
- Cover Artwork
Please keep in mind these are still work-in-progress and will most likely change before the release.
Download the NES ROM file and play it in an emulator of your choice. We recommend Mesen.
On PowerPak, the original mapper 2 implementation only supported up to 256k of PRG-ROM. However, there is a supplemental PowerMappers mapper set which supports the full 512k. There is a README file in that download explaining how to fully set up the PowerMappers, but the minimal version is to copy these 4 files from the ZIP into your PowerPak CF card's POWERPAK directory: